All you need to know about NMAT by GMACAnisha Mukhija
NMAT by GMAC
As a candidate interested in pursuing an MBA or other graduate management degree in India you are faced with an important choice – which test or tests should you take to pursue the career of your dreams. NMAT by GMAC is a national-level MBA entrance exam for admission to renowned management colleges such as Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI Business School (IBS) and Ansal University. A computer-based test, NMAT by GMAC is conducted by Pearson VUE at 46 locations across India, and the aspirants have the right to choose their own exam venue/date/time as per convenience. It is accepted as an admissions criterion by the leading management institutions in India.
It measures the skills needed to succeed in business school. Here are some ways that we drive that confidence:
- Taking the test multiple times: You can take the NMAT three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives you the confidence that you have more than a single opportunity to perform your very best.
- Choosing the section order: The NMAT allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test. This allows you to play to your strengths.
- You can revise your answers: You can review your answers at the end of each section so you always have the opportunity to revise if you’re not sure of your original response.
- No negative marking – Sometimes you’re just not sure of the right answer on the test and are running out of time. Well, you can make an informed guess instead of skipping a question without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer. The system of no negative marking is in line with global practices.
Finally, it is designed for your convenience
- Choosing a date, time, and location of your convenience: A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient test date. The 75-day test window opens the first week of October and extends through the third week of December.
- Self-scheduling: You can choose your test appointment date, time, and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test center.
- Register for the NMAT exam from your mobile – allowing you to register anytime and anywhere.
- Testing locations – you can choose from any conveniently located testing centers to take the exam
- Sending scores to up to 7 programs for free. You can choose to select the list of programs you want to send your scores to before or after taking the exam. Up to 7 programs are included in your registration fee. However, you will be able to send your scores to more than 7 programs before or after you register for an additional fee.
- Applying to business schools after reviewing results. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained
Easy Registration Steps:
Registration and Payment:
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational, and work experience, the list of programs to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Pay the test fee.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your primary and secondary ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the “Programme Details” section. Up to 7 programs are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each program added more than 7 programs.
- You must upload a photograph that bears a likeness to you and the photograph on your primary ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
Also read: How to start preparing for NMAT?
Schedule Your Exam
Once your registration is complete and your payment has been received, you will receive an email with your username and password, allowing you to schedule the exam. Candidates will be able to select the date, time slot, and test center of choice based on the availability of seats. The test slots will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email once you have scheduled your exam.
|Events||Start Date||End Date|
|Scheduling of Exam||02-Aug-2020||18-Oct-2020|
|Downloading of Official Score Card||Yet to be announced||31-Mar-2021|
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam will be delivered at 58 test centers across 46 cities throughout India and at 4 International centers.
Following are the domestic test locations:
|Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi||North|
|Aurangabad, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara||West|
|Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada||South|
|Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur||Central|
|Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong||East|
Following are the abroad location:
2. Candidates must have at least a 50% score in aggregate in their graduation.
3. Candidates with work experience of two or more years after graduation will be favored for admission to all full-time programs (according to Admission Information Handout of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
4. Students in their final year of bachelor’s can also apply for the exam where they shall be offered provisional admission. The final admission will be granted only on clearing graduation exams in the first attempt with at least 50% of marks. The applicant should be able to submit all original documents within the stipulated time period.
NMAT by GMAC’s official website has clearly informed in its eligibility section, “All test takers who complete the Test Registration process pay the test fee within the time specified and follow the published NMATby GMAC terms and conditions may sit for the NMAT exam. It is the responsibility of the test taker to understand the eligibility requirements of all the universities and schools to which he/she is interested in applying before registering for NMATby GMAC. If the test taker registers for the test and then determine that he/she is ineligible for admission to the desired program, no test fee refund will be made. For the eligibility requirements, test takers are advised to check the websites of each university and school where they plan to apply”.
Fees and Details:
|NMAT Registration Types||Varying Amount|
|Test Registration (regular fee)||Rs 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Test Registration (Late)||Rs 2500 + applicable taxes|
|Retake exam fee||Rs 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Reschedule||Rs 1100 + applicable taxes|
|Request for sending NMAT Scores to B-schools other than first five||Rs 200 per B-school + applicable taxes|
Colleges Accepting NMAT Scores:
Today the NMAT is accepted by the following leading institutions and this list is growing. Pursuing a management degree at one of these universities makes the pursuit of your dreams that much easier.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Hyderabad
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Indore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Shirpur
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Rural Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Sustainability – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) – Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University
- VIT University
Also read: Tips to crack NMAT
Structure & Features
The NMAT™ exam is computer-delivered and gives each candidate a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, delivered one-at-a-time. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections are predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. Candidates have a choice of selecting the order/sequence of the test sections.
The NMAT exam has three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
The three sections of the NMAT are individually timed. Test takers must answer questions and review the answers of each section within the allotted time. Test takers must review their answers before moving to another section of the exam, as once the candidate closes out of a section, all answers are final.
Step 1: Fill in the Application form
Candidates willing to appear for NMAT by GMAC must ensure that they fill in the application form before the deadline.
Candidates can choose to pay the fee through any of the following modes:
Candidates who register successfully for NMAT by GMAC will be allotted admit cards by the officials. Test-takers can download the admit cards from the official website at www.nmat.org.in. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter their registration number and password. In case a test taker does not receive the admit card, he/she should contact the NMAT helpdesk.
Step 3: Appear for NMAT by GMAC Exam
The dates for NMAT by GMAC are generally between Oct 4 to Dec 19. Candidates can appear for the exam up to a total of three times. The sections included in the NMAT by GMAC paper will be Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
Step 4: Check NMAT by GMAC Result
NMAT by GMAC releases results in various windows, based on test dates and the final result is released in January. Test-takers can view their scorecards as and when the results are declared by the officials. The result of the exam is announced approximately within 4-5 weeks after the test date. To check the scorecard, candidates need to log in using their registered email ID.
The exam NMAT by GMAC consists of three sections. NMAT by GMAC syllabus consists of following subjects: Verbal Ability, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning. One needs to be thoroughly prepared with logical and analytic reasoning, verbal ability, data interpretation, quant, and mathematics
The detailed syllabus for NMAT exam is given below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Language usage and their rules
- Syntax, and correct grammar
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Jumble
- Algebra (Linear/Quadratic Equation)
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Pie chart
- 2D and 3 D Geometry, and Statistic
- Modern Math
- Number Systems
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture & Solution/Alligations
- Simple/Compound interest
- Permutations and Combinations
- Coding & Decoding
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Family tree
- Numeric grid
- Critical Reasoning
- Statement Conclusions
- Course of Action
- Blood Relations
Also read: Top College you can join through NMAT
NMAT Exam Pattern
There are new changes that are introduced in the exam pattern this year. Though, NMAT by GMAC will continue to be a 120 minute (two hours) exam with three sections: three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
Candidates can take NMAT by GMAC up to a total of three times. Although, the best of all the three scores will be used for admission.
Total of 108 questions and 120 minutes
Also, NMAT by GMAC test-takers need to review their answers before moving to another section of the exam. Once the candidate ends a particular section, all answers are considered final.
Candidates can choose a date, time, and location of the exam according to their convenience.
Click here to kick start your NMAT preparation with the help of NMIMS Alumni and NMAT Toppers