Guidelines for COVID-19 on CATAnisha Mukhija
CAT 2020 exam is approaching. There is a lot of uncertainty this year with the paper pattern, pandemic situation, fear of lockdown and exam anxiety as always. I would like to help ease the stress for you with the quick guidelines and make you Relax as How you perform on the day of the exam is all that matters!
CAT 2020 exam day guidelines are crucial for the CAT exam aspirants for the exam which is scheduled to be held on 29th November 2020. Aspirants are recommended to take sufficient precautions and steps so that the CAT 2020 is to be done in the midst of COVID19 pandemic.
Most students have been worried about how to wear a mask, gloves for 2 hours at a stretch and how we will be able to manage Time with the slippery gloves in hand. Students have been asking me “Will the COVID positive students also be allowed to give the exam? is there a separate arrangement for them?” Quotes Poorvi an aspirant. It’s an obvious one to be sceptical but you need to keep the guidelines in mind for your safety and hence no matter how tough it gets Masks should not be out for sure. Gloves yeah you can take off while the exam is ongoing to not affect your speed but do carry sanitizer, gloves, masks with you without fail.
Here are important guidelines which candidates are required to follow before and on the D-day. Candidates are advised to understand and read the advisory issued by the government in view of COVID-19 before appearing for CAT 2020 exam:-
- Candidates must maintain social distance starting from point of entry in the test venue till their exit from the test venue.
- Candidate must carry CAT 2020 admit card, ID Card, transparent ballpoint pen, additional passport size photographs, transparent water bottle, and a personal hand sanitizer.
- Candidates are required to carry one valid ID proof (College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Aadhar card) etc.
- CAT 2020 hall ticket will comprise of a self-declaration form. Candidate must sign the declaration (bottom of the admit card) appropriately and show the same to the centre staff at the entry into the test centre. Candidates would be required to provide details of travel history in the last 14 days and inform true and correct information about COVID-19 symptoms.
- The temperature of candidates will be checked at the entry to the test venue via a Thermo Gun
- Candidates having symptoms of fever, cough, and cold would be made to sit in a separate isolation room/place with adequate safety measures.
- Mapping of ‘Candidate Application Number and the Lab Number’ will NOT be displayed outside the test venue, but the same will be provided to the candidates individually at the time of the entry of the candidate to the test venue, and post their Admit Card and Photo Identification Proof verification.
- Candidates need to follow directions given by the test centre representatives during the entry and exit in the test centre.
- At the registration desk, the candidate will be directed to sanitize their hands using the sanitizer. Photographs will be captured during the registration process.
- Candidates will be under the CCTV surveillance throughout the test duration.
- Candidates are required to report at the test venue strictly as per the time slot mentioned in the admit card AND/OR informed via SMS on their registered mobile number prior to the testing date. It is expected that candidate strictly adhere to this time slot – as entry into the test centre will be provided based upon the individual’s time slot ONLY.
The CAT is being conducted at a time when the country is engulfed by COVID 19 pandemic. Hence the government and IIM Indore which is the conducting institute for CAT 2020 have laid down these guidelines which the candidates are expected to follow at the test centre. Hence candidates must ensure that they DO NOT violate the COVID 19 guidelines for CAT and follow other related guidelines as well!
Don’t panic. Stay motivated, keep working hard, and make it happen! Good Luck!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.