IIFT Exam : Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Cut-OffAnisha Mukhija
What is IIFT Exam?
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade’s flagship program, the “MBA in International Business (IB),” is only open to students who have passed the NTA IIFT test. What is the IIFT entrance exam like? – The IIFT exam is a two-hour computer-based examination administered by the National Testing Agency for admissions to MBA (IB) programs at the IIFT Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses.
Students who wish to enroll in the IIFT MBA (IB) program must first pass the NTA IIFT exam and then pass the selection process, which includes a group discussion, a writing skills assessment, and an interview. In March/April 2022, IIFT will hold a selection process in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai
Start preparing online with IIFT Courses
IIFT Exam – Highlights
|IIFT Campuses||IIFT Delhi
|IIFT establishment year||1963|
|Flagship programme||Full time MBA|
|Scorecard accepted||IIFT Entrance Exam|
|Application mode||Online/ offline|
|Mode of education||Fulltime, Online and Weekend|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
IIFT Exam Important Dates
The official dates for IIFT 2022 are as follows:
|IIFT Exam Details||IIFT 2023 Dates|
|Application Start Date||September 30, 2022|
|Application End Date||November 14, 2022,|
|IIFT entrance exam Date||December 18, 2022|
Read more: When to start preparing for IIFT?
IIFT Exam Application Process
- The IIFT 2022 application is entirely online and can be completed via their official website.
- Interested candidates can apply for IIFT 2022 by visiting the official website, registering, filling out the appropriate fields, uploading documents, and paying the IIFT Registration Fee.
- The application fee for IIFT 2022 is as follows: General/OBC Category: INR 2500/-
- Foreign Nationals/NRI/Children of NRI Parents – USD 80 or INR 5,823/- Foreign Nationals/NRI/Children of NRI Parents – USD 80 or INR 5,823/-
- When the IIFT 2022 Admit Card is issued, candidates who have completed the registration process and paid the application fee will be able to download it.
- To obtain the IIFT 2022 Admit Card, candidates must enter the login credentials used during registration.
- The admit card contains essential details such as the exam date, time, and place, as well as other instructions. Check the IIFT 2022 Admit Card for more details. Exam centers for the IIFT are located in 68 cities across India.
- A fee of INR 1,000/- will be paid if candidates wish to change their preferred IIFT Exam Centers.
Read More: Strategy for IIFT
IIFT Exam Eligibility
|Minimum Educational Qualifications||Graduation in any degree from a recognized university|
IIFT Cut-Off & Selection Process
- For admission to IIFT, there are both sectional and overall cutoffs.
- The cutoff is determined by a variety of factors, including the test’s difficulty level, the total number of test-takers, and the number of seats available.
- Candidates who meet the IIFT Delhi cutoff criteria will be invited to the selection rounds, which include a writing test, a group discussion, and a personal interview.
- For the selection rounds, the shortlisted candidates will be allocated to a core.
- It’s possible that the list of centers would include Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc. The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
- Following are the tentative cut-offs for IIFT 2022:
IIFT Cut-off Category Wise
|Category||Expected IIFT cutoff 2021|
|EWS/ OBC Category||100-105|
|SC/ ST Category||80-85|
Read more: Tips to Crack IIFT
IIFT Sectional Cut-Off
|Section name||IIFT Sectional Cutoff|
|VA & RC||32-35|
|LR & DI||20-22|
- The overall cut-off was 113(+/-3) points.
- Section A – Quantitative Reasoning: This section had a lot of long and complex questions. A score of 14-16 will be considered fine.
- Section B – Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: This was a relatively simple section. Vocabulary-based questions were particularly challenging. The ability to search and choose questions would have been extremely beneficial. The projected cut-off is 32-34 points.
- The estimated cut-off for Section C – Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning is 20-22 marks, with calculation-intensive DI sets but easier LR sets.
- Section D – General Awareness: This section included both traditional MCQs and matching questions. There were 11 questions on static GK and 9 questions on current events. The cut-off is projected to be in the range of 6-7.5 points.