NMAT CD & PI – TIPS by NMAT Toppers and NMIMS AlumniAnisha Mukhija
How to crack NMAT CD & PI – TIPS by NMAT Toppers and NMIMS Alumni
What are CD and PI? What are some tips?
Case discussion and personal interviews are the further rounds conducted by NMIMS Mumbai for the admission process. Owing to the pandemic the Case discussion was replaced with WAT. It is the foremost crucial aspect that will do justice to all or any of your diligence is given equal importance. After the NMAT exam is over and if your scores meet the specified cut-offs you’ll qualify the further admission rounds. Unlike the other B schools that conduct group discussions, NMIMS conducts case discussions that are based on business case studies. This process is entirely different and is taken into account a touch difficult since it’s a highly competitive environment to be in, with 2000+ people that have gotten involves in case discussion/written ability test and personal interviews. If you would like to cut through such an enormous crowd, your preparation should be up to the mark. Read ahead for some tips.
Get trained by NMAT toppers and make your NMIMS Dream come true
Some tips and tricks for Personal Interview (PI):
- Your academic skills were checked within the entrance test, your interpersonal skills were checked in GD, now comes the turn of gauging you on your own standards. The B-schools want to understand what proportion you’re conscious of yourself and the way much you relate your goals to your personal self. Students spend most of the time browsing course books whereas 90 percent of the interview questions are supported by you. The panel may have your statement of purpose (SOP). The SOP may be a reflection of your excellent traits, your journey, and achievements so far with emphasis on why you would like to pursue an MBA in NMIMS. It needs to be well justified and you should ensure that you portray the best version of yourself.
- Practice answering questions aloud before the interview until you’ll affect all sorts of questions confidently
Stroll into the interview with an air of self-belief and professionalism. Offer a firm handshake and a professional demeanor
- Concentrate cautiously to the interviewer’s questions and solution for this reason. Do not babble ceaselessly about an associated topic or answer the query you desire he had requested
How to nail the Personal Interview (PI) round?
Your academic skills were checked within the entrance test, your people’s skills were checked in GD, now comes the turn of gauging you on your own standards. The B-schools want to understand what proportion you’re conscious of yourself and the way much you relate your goals to your personal self. Students spend most of the time browsing course books whereas 90 percent of the interview questions are supported you. The panel may have your declaration of purpose (SOP). The SOP may be a reflection of your excellent traits, your journey, and achievements so far with emphasis on why you would like to pursue an MBA in NMIMS. It needs to be well justified and you should ensure that you portray the best version of yourself.
What is the statement of purpose?
This is an important document that is to be submitted by you before your interview. It has to be drafted extremely carefully since it is a reflection of who you are as a person. The SOP should have clear career goals described. Your entire interview will revolve around your SOP and the things that you mention in it. You should have a crystal clear perspective on why you would like to pursue your MBA. Your answers in the interview should be equally convincing. You should know which points to stress while speaking in an interview. Dig deep and identify the real reason why you are ready to spend such a hefty amount to pursue this program. Here you should also have a strong reason for why NMIMS.
Highlights of the SOP:
- The key achievements that make you unique.
- How Your strengths are reflected in scenarios.
- Your professional goal and the way XYZ College enables you to succeed in there?
Following are some factors that will be useful to apprehend the issue-level of the round:
- It is a barely longer case snippet with awareness in your thinking procedure
- Be clever, speak your points well, and exhibit management
- Be an amazing listener
- There could also be around 12-15 people in line with the organization and everybody will want to put across their factors. this could create a fish marketplace however attempt to avoid the equal.
- There could be 2-3 panelists. they will only have a look at you. One needs to look at their institution members whilst speaking and not at those panelists.
- Be assertive no longer aggressive
- The total length is set at 20 mins. CD is going to be for quarter-hour and 5 minutes could also be given for questioning.
- During the CD, it is not important the number of times you speak, what matters is that you put forward notable points, examples, quotes, etc.
- During the interview, be yourself, do not try to fool the jury, if you don’t know it then say it.
- Introspect well before you go for an interview, some questions about your personality may be so random but important that you won’t even realize what hit you. At that time, the only introspection about yourself helps.
- For GK questions have your opinions about that event, do not just quote the facts, by asking such questions they want to understand how you view the world, how you process things.
- When waiting for an interview, recollect positive thoughts in mind, talk to other candidates but pay no heed to negative comments.
These were some key points you need to keep in mind.
Keep a beautiful smile on your face, dress well, have faith in yourself and you will be the winner at the end of the day.
All the very best!!!