Resources for CAT examAnisha Mukhija
Resources for CAT exam
Resources/Books/Reading material etc. are like your weapons so chisel them, sharpen them as much as you can in order to make your attack successful. Here are some methods of keeping them:
- Always keep books from a coaching center. CATKing has Bibles from beginners to advanced levels of Difficulty.
- These books can be from Arun Sharma, R S Agarwal, Sarvesh Sharma are few recommendations. However, we prefer study mode should be online as the aspired exam is in online mode.
- Take Real CAT mocks and do the Analysis. We recommend taking CATKing mocks as here every mock is solved by CAT topper and curated by alumni of the same college that is setting the paper so that line of sight is maintained that way.
- Do not give mocks that demotivate you drastically.
How to study?
- Attend live classes regularly.
- Do not study through hardcopies but take the dashboard access which is now available at 50% discount, and in that you will get CATKing LOD 1 &2 bible.
- After 2 months, do all the Must-do sections present in the dashboard where you need to do all the questions. This is particularly for LOD 2 STUDENTS.
- There is study material for every kind of student. We can attend recorded lessons for them. There are Advanced sessions, Shortcut sessions and advanced shortcut sessions from faculties of IIMs, NITIE etc. There is also a recording of sessions section, so that if you miss a session that this comes to you.
- When you feel demotivated, look at your final goal. Got to alumni profile and watch them on the dashboard. Learn through them.
- Do not leave your preparation till the last day of CAT.
- We at CATKing have divided the chores into weekly parts to make it easier for every type of student. So here is a detailed blueprint:
- Week 1– Start with VPAR i.e. Vedic math, percentages, Average, Ratio & Proportion.
- Week 2– start with these modules simultaneously: Arithmetic Module, Geometry Module, Algebra Module, Modern Math Module, Special topics Module Such as set theory, trigonometry etc. then jumps to DI and then LR.
- Given 2 days of time to each topic: Day1- attend online lecture of the topic & Day2- Revise and solve atleast 20 questions of different types on the same topic.
- Complete 1 module within 15days.
- Do this under 40days challenge, of you didn’t succeed then take another 40days challenge and finish it.
- Remember, repetition is the key to success.
How to increase accuracy in mocks