Lets focus on giving the exams a well structured approach to boost your performance. Follow the Study Plan for XAT & TISS made by experts to ensure you meet the Exam requirements:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a National Entrance Test (NET) exam known as TISSNET. The exam is conducted for all Masters programmes offered in TISS campuses at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, IMHST Chennai, MHAT Calicut and G-SET Ranchi.
TISS does not offer any MBA programme. Instead, it offers MA in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) programme at its Mumbai campus. It also offers various other Masters degrees.
XAT is national-level management aptitude test. It is conducted by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) – Jamshedpur.
XLRI conducts the exam on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT scores are used by more than 800 institutes for admission to MBA, PGDM and other management courses.
XLRI Jamshedpur offers the following management programmes:
Business Management (BM)
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Global Business Management(GBM)
General Management Programme (GMP)
XAT Exam pattern
1.In the main question paper (Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation sections), the total number of questions were brought down to 78.
2.Candidates were given 170 minutes to answer the main question paper, 20 mins extra from previous time limit of 150 mins.
3.In order to encourage students to attempt more questions with accuracy, XAT 2017 question paper was created in such a manner that that the top hundred students could complete the test within 170 minutes. The idea behind this is to reduce the low range of scores and encourage good students to do well.
4.Aspirants were given a choice of not attempting any 13 questions. Beyond this, any non-attempted question carried a negative mark of 0.05 marks per question.
5.There was negative marking of 0.25 marks for any wrong answer.
6.Number of questions in GK section were reduced to 25. However, the time to answer GK and Essay section remained 35 minutes.
7.There was no negative marking in GK section.
Study plan for XAT & TISS :
This TISSNET study plan is going to ensure that you remain determined for the next 4 months fot the exam and be focused on the same plan and fookow it to crack Tissnet exam. This plan is kept in mind thinking that the exam is conducted in the first weekend of the new year.It is important to have a timetable has it helps in organizing your schedule and helps in effective time management. One can overload himself/herself with various study materials/ tutors or friends, but the question remains the same: how to manage everything?
Three Key Strategies
- Study the Exam Pattern
For better preparedness, one must know the exam pattern and syllabus of TISSNET thoroughly. One can check if he/she is informed about the exam completely by asking several questions to self:
- General Knowledge section will carry 40 marks, while English Proficiency and Maths & Logical Reasoning will carry 30 marks each.
- Candidates who have applied for a single program or multiple programs will be attempting a single question paper with 100 questions for a duration of 100 minutes.
- This will also include candidates who have chosen HRM in combination with other program/ programs.
- The exam duration is 100 minutes, however, persons with disabilities who have a disability of 40% or more will get a compensatory extra time of 20 minutes per hour.
- There is no negative marking for any TISS Courses, including HRM. Candidates seeking admissions to Post-Graduate Degree courses at TISS campuses in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, and Guwahati.
- XAT is one of the most difficult management entrance exams to crack. It is important to select the right balance of questions since the beginning of the exam. The total number of questions in the main part (VA, DI, DM) has been brought down to 78 and the time allotted has been increased by 20 minutes. The candidates would have 170 minutes to answer the questions. Students can choose have a choice of not attempting 13 questions
- Beyond this, any unattempted question will carry the negative mark of 0.05. There would also be negative marking of 0.25 marks for any wrong answer. The number of questions in the GK has been reduced to twenty-five and there would be no negative marking in this section
- XAT has moved from pen and paper mode to being an online exam.
- XAT question paper consists of four important sections:
2.English Language & Logical Reasoning
2. Develop Study plan for XAT & TISS
This is the most important step in cracking XAT and TISSNET. After knowing the exam pattern and syllabus you should now plan your schedule for 5-6 months before the exam . The plan should cover all topics every month so that no topic becomes your weak area.
Analyse your strong and weak areas
Make sure you get your basics right before practicing through sample papers or mock tests
After clearing all the fundamentals, appear for quizzes or mock tests
Get the appropriate XAT and TISSNET preparation material and overcome your weaknesses.
- You should start with Quantitative ability arithmetic and geometry and solve reading comprehensions daily.Make a habit of reading daily.
You must have clear fundamentals/ concepts
Look for reliable preparation study material
Take mock tests to analyse the preparation level
Keep no point of confusion
Join online study groups and become a part of online groups, make best use of social media.
- 1 Mock every 4-5 days should be the frequency now. Followed by proper analysis.
As per the definition by English dictionary, revision means ‘to read things again’. Revision implies that you must go through everything that you have studied so that if you are missing on any topic you can know.
Organize your revision plan by focusing on the areas you are more anxious about.
Be active while doing the revision. Make notes and summarize regularly.
Revision not only involves to go through each topic but also to cope with your anxiety. Take good sleep and don’t be in a rush to have everything in one plate.
Must read for all XAT & TISS Aspirants:
Interesting Reads: CATking Quora
Must read for all XAT & TISS Aspirants: