The Placement Experience at SDA Bocconi Asia CenterAnisha Mukhija
The Placement Experience at SDA Bocconi Asia Center
Perhaps the most important element in selecting a B-school is the placement process. Students rightly look for schools which are successful in attracting the best of companies to the campus. However, a placement process cannot be limited to just ‘getting a job’. At SDA Bocconi Asia Center, the placement process involves a holistic approach of preparation and the all-round development of students to face not just the job interviews for placements, but also to make the students ready for corporate life ahead.
The career development services (CDS) is intimately involved right from the first day on campus, in ensuring that the entire batch of students is wholly prepared to tackle their domain-wise interviews in the placement process.
This is done by:
- Student profile assessment to decipher their strengths and weaknesses and thereby help them select their specialisation.
- Specialised sessions that deal with how to tackle group discussion, grooming for interviews, and other essentials.
- Domain specific mock interviews with alumni who already in the industry.
- Mentoring sessions with alumni industry experts and the CDS team to help students understand the specifics of their desired job domains.
- Workshops such as KPMG Analytics, Lean Six Sigma Certification etc. to make sure that student profiles are strong enough for their desired corporate stores.
- Practical oriented oral and written business communication workshops to ensure the readiness of students in addressing any future interviewers. A lot of emphasis is also placed on soft skills, which are desirable from business school students including body language and presentation skills.
In addition, to ensure that students engage in experiential learning, there are numerous live project opportunities throughout the year. Companies such as Larsen & Toubro Infotech, McDonald’s, and other prominent names in the industry actively take up students to do crucial live projects for them. Another huge advantage at Bocconi is the international exposure that students get, not only via the internationally acclaimed faculty, but also through the 4 month specialisation semester at Milan, Italy. While in Milan, students can take up live projects and thus gain a first hand international working experience in the European market in addition to expanding their network.
Here are few facts and figures about the placement journey of SDA Bocconi Asia Center students.
Despite the fact that SDA Bocconi Asia Center is a young institution in India & has seen 6 placement seasons, the trend has been highly impressive. Following are some of the companies which recruited the IMB students; ABinBev, Ador Group, ICE (Italian Trade Commission), ICICI Bank, Ernest and Young, KPMG , Manpower Group, Nykaa, Luxottica, Future Group, Fynd, PWC, OYO rooms,Trafigura, Udaan, ZS Associates etc. The average package secured by the students has been INR 11.13 Lakhs, with the highest domestic package being INR 24 Lakhs & the median package of the batch was INR 10.00 Lakhs. Sector wise breakup of participating companies includes 18% for Consulting, 16% for Retail, 11% for E-commerce/digital marketing, among others. Some of the roles offered to students include; Asst. Brand Manager, Area Sales Manager, Revenue Strategist, Credit Risk Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Project Manager, Principal Analyst, Sr. Analyst, Associate Consultant, etc.
Although SDA Bocconi Asia Center largely focuses on placements in Indian markets, around 7-8% of the students bagged international placements, largely owing to the international standards of education at SDA Bocconi Asia Center.
The placement process has been an experience of great significance for the students with most of them having secured the roles of their dreams.
“The Career Development Services team was instrumental in honing my technical as well as soft skills. Their guidance and understanding of my profile as well as career goals was paramount to the successful start of my career in HR.” –Raj Gohil , Future Business Innovator at Future Group, India
This article is written by Milan Choudhury who is currently pursuing IMB at SDA Bocconi Asia Center & is part of the Student Media Committee.
To apply – Click Here
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.