Top MBA Entrance Exams 2022-23 In IndiaAnisha Mukhija
CAT 2022 registration began at 10:00 am on August 3. With the registration of more than 2 lakh candidates last year, it is likely that this year the number of registrations will be similar or more.
With such competition for the top IIMs, a candidate should always be prepared for other alternatives and a smart strategic plan.
There are more than 50 MBA entrance exams to get into a good B-School in India. In this article, we’ll inform you about all the top MBA entrance exams, the deadlines for their registrations, and the exam form fee.
Top MBA entrance exams to apply for-
With over 50+ MBA entrance exams, these entrance exams are conducted at three different levels- National level, State level, and University/College level.
Top 5 National MBA entrance exams-
|Exam Name||MBA institutes accepting exam scores in India|
|CAT (Common Aptitude Test)||IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, IITs, IMI, IMT|
|NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test)||SPJIMR, IMI, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI, FORE, LBSIM, GIM Goa|
|CMAT (Common Management Aptitude Test)||MIT School of Business, GIM Goa, BIMTECH, K J Somaiya, IFMR, Welingkar, Jaipuria, N L Dalmia|
|GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test)||IIMs, Christ University, XLRI, XLRI, SPJIMR, VITBS Vellore, IBS Hyderabad|
|XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)||XLRI, XIMB, IMI, IMT, TAPMI, Great Lakes|
Top 5 State-level MBA entrance exams-
|Exam Name||State-affiliated to||MBA institutes accepting exam scores in the state|
|MAH MBA CET||Maharashtra||JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, N L Dalmiya, SIES, CIMR|
|Karnataka PGCET||Karnataka||IBA, AIMS, Alliance, ABBS, Kristu Jayanti|
|TS ICET||Telangana||Kakatiya University (KU) Osmania University (OU) Telangana University (TU)
Satavahana University (SU)
|KMAT||Karnataka||IBA, AIMS, Alliance, ABBS, Kristu Jayanti|
|TANCET||Tamil Nadu||Anna University, Tamil Nadu, Madras University, SRM University, SSN School of Management Chennai, Hallmark Business School Trichy, St Joseph’s School of Management, Trichy, PSGIM Coimbatore|
Top University/College level entrance exams-
|Exam Name||College Accepting the score|
|SNAP||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management(Pune, Bangalore)|
|TISSNET||Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) all campuses|
|KIITEE Management||KIIT School of Management (KSOM) Bhubaneswar|
|IIFT exam||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Delhi, Kolkata, Kakinada)|
MBA entrance exams calendar, and exam fees:
NMAT: The NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) is administered by GMAC for MBA admissions at NMIMS University and other reputed B-Schools in India and abroad.
- Exam registration from– 1st August 2022 to 10th October 2022
- Exam dates– Oct 10, 2022 to Dec 19, 2022
- Exam form fees– Rs. 2300
Also Read How to Prepare for NMAT
CAT: The Common Admission Test or CAT exam is a management aptitude test taken at the national level by applicants applying to 20 IIMs and more than 1,200 business schools in India.
- Exam registration from– 3rd August 2022 to 14th September 2022
- Admit Card available from– 27Octboer to 27 November
- Exam date– 27th November, 2022
- Exam form fees– Rs. 2200 (General) and Rs. 1100 (Reservation Quota)
Also Read The Ultimate Guide to CAT Preparation
IIFT: Each year, the National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the IIFT exam, which is an entrance examination for the MBA International Business course offered by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada.
- Exam registration from– First week of September, 2022 to Last week of October, 2022
- Admit Card available from– Last week of November, 2022
- Exam dates– 4th December 2022
- Exam form fees– Rs. 2500 (General) and Rs. 1000 (Reservation Quota)
Also Read IIFT Exam Pattern
MICAT: MICAT (MICA Ahmedabad Admission Test) exam is conducted by MICA Ahmedabad for admission to PGDM programs to MICA Ahmedabad. As MICA Ahmedabad accepts more than 54% of non-engineering students every year, it is also a great option for non-engineers.
- Exam registration from– October 1, 2022 to November 22, 2022
- Admit Card available from– December 1, 2022
- Exam dates– 2 attempts : 10th December 2022 and 21st January 2022
- Exam form fees– Rs. 2100
Check out MICA Courses and Mocks by CATKing
SNAP : Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is a common aptitude test conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed) University for admission to its 15 constituent institutes’ MBA/PGDM programmes. SNAP Exam is a computer-based online test. In a year it has 3 slots and students can attempt only 2 times for the Exam. And the highest marks from the 2 exams would be considered for the selection rounds.
- Exam registration from– 4 August 2022 – 24 November 2022
- Admit Card available from– 5 December 2022- 10 December 2022
- Exam dates– 2nd week of December 2022 (18th December)
1st week of January 2023 (8th January)
2nd week of January 2023 (15th January)
- Exam form fees– Rs. 1950
Also Read SNAP Exam
XAT : XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is a national-level management entrance examination conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to MBA/PGDM programmes. The XAT test is accepted by over 1,000 B-schools, including XLRI and 10 other XAMI member colleges.
- Exam registration from– 10 August 2022 – 30 November 2022
- Exam dates– 6 January 2023
- Exam form fees– Rs. 1800
Also Read XAT Exam Analysis
TISSNET: The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai conducts the TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET). The School of Management and Labour Studies conducts this exam to assess candidates for admission to MA programs.
- Exam registration from– 2nd week of December 2022 – 4th week of February 2023
- Exam dates– 21st January 2022
- Exam form fees– Rs. 1000
Also Read TISSNET Entrance Exam, Pattern
CMAT: The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an aptitude test administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBA/PGDM programs.
- Exam registration from– 1st week of November 2022- Last week of November 2022
- Exam dates– 26th March 2023
- Exam form fees– Rs. 1400 (General) and Rs. 700 (Reservation Quota)
Also Read CMAT Exam Pattern
SRCC GBO: SRCC Global Business Operations Exam (SRCC GBO) is a management entry exam offered by one of the most prestigious colleges in the country, Shri Ram College of Commerce. A SRCC GBO is a gateway to SRCC’s PGDM Global Business Operations program.
- Exam registration from– Last week of December 2022 – Last week of January 2023
- Admit Card available– Third week of February 2023
- Exam dates– Mid March
- Exam form fees– Rs. 2500 (General) and Rs. 1500 (Reservation Quota)
Check Out SRCC GBO Courses
MAH CET: MAH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is a state-level entrance test for admission to MBA and MMS courses in various colleges affiliated with Maharashtra State. Usually, this exam is conducted in the month of March, but due to the COVID-19 phase, the exam was postponed.
- Exam registration from– Last week of June 2023
- Exam dates– March or August 2023
- Exam form fees– Rs. 1600 (General) and Rs. 800 (Reservation Quota)
Also Read Tips to Crack MAH MBA CET
Appearing for all the exams, or selectively choosing exams is your call. But, if you’re confident with your preparation and aim for the higher ranks (or percentile) to be the topper, then you should appear for (all) these exams.
CAT, XAT, and IIFT are the gateways to the best b-schools in India, so do not miss them out.
And, SNAP, CET, NMAT, and CMAT are relatively easy exams, with less competition and these scores are accepted by very good, and reputable colleges.
CATKing provides you with a varied range of courses and study materials for all these exams- CAT, XAT, SNAP, MICAT, NMAT and etc.