Why choose Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM)Anisha Mukhija
Why Choose Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM)
You need to first “Make India” to ensure the success of “Make in India”!
Infrastructure sector is the backbone of any nation. Infrastructure development has been the main pillar of global economic development over the last several decades. In advanced countries, the focus has been on upgrading the infrastructure facilities; while in the developing countries, the thrust has been on creating basic infrastructure facilities. Infrastructure projects in areas such as roads & bridges, urban infrastructure, ports & maritime, power, oil & gas, airports, real estate, mining, renewable energy, etc. are vital for robust economic growth and social development of the country.
For this purpose, this sector will require not only a huge amount of investments but also a large number of highly skilled managers and leaders for efficient implementation and operation of huge infrastructure projects. Here are some quick data-points (source: www.ibef.org):
- US$ 3 Trillion worth Project pipeline in Asia by 2022
- US$ 800 Billion worth Investment in Infrastructure in India by 2022
- 30 Million Employment Opportunities in India by 2022
Currently, there is a large gap between the demand and the availability of trained human capital with adequate knowledge and specialization in the infrastructure domain. With the sustained high growth of the Indian economy, this gap is only going to widen in the future. That’s where the idea of an infrastructure institute was conceived at Adani!
Also read all about PGDM Infrastructure Management
Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM) was founded in 2009 by the promoters of the Adani Group with a vision to establish an institution of excellence to provide world-class education and training to young professionals who would take up managerial and leadership positions in the infrastructure sector.
The aim is to create a pool of future business leaders who would contribute towards Nation-building!
AIIM offers 2 flagships (AICTE-approved 2-year full-time) programs:
- PGDM (Infrastructure Management)
- PGDM (Law)
About PGDM (Infrastructure Management)
- India’s Pioneering Program exclusively focused on Business Management education & training in the field of ‘Infrastructure Management’
- In-depth sectorial exposure to various Infrastructure Verticals such as Roads & Bridges, Ports, Urban Infrastructure, Real Estate, Railways, Airports, Power, Mining, Oil & Gas and Renewables
- Excellent Career Prospects in Infrastructure Companies, Consultancy Services, Government & PSUs, EPC Companies, Financial Institutions, Project Management Agencies and Logistics & Supply Chain Companies
Why PGDM (Infrastructure Management)?
- Huge Investments (both capital and maintenance) in the field of infrastructure
- No dearth of Capital but High levels of risks – requiring specific skills and competencies to manage and operationalize infrastructure projects
- An essential part of economic activity in the country
- Very less availability of skilled human resources
- Which means: Excellent career opportunities and highly rewarding jobs for skilled infrastructure management professionals
About PGDM (Law)
- India’s First-Ever Interdisciplinary Program blending Management Functions, Infrastructure Business Dynamics and their ‘Legal & Regulatory’ Aspects
- In-depth exposure to Infrastructure Policy & Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Cyber Laws, Economic Offences, Taxation, and ADR Mechanisms and their Business Applications
- Excellent Career Prospects in Corporates, Consultancy and Law firms in areas such as Techno-Commercial, Tendering, Bidding, Regulatory and Corporate Governance and Securities & Capital Markets
Why PGDM (Law)?
- India has over 1200 laws, and countless rules, notifications, interpretations, and alterations
- One of the most regulated sectors in India: Infrastructure – RERA, Airports Authority, TRAI, SEBI, PNGRB, IRDA, Port Regulators, Electricity Commissions, NHAI, Railways Board, Tax authorities, Compliance Authorities, et al
- Major complexities in PPP agreements, supply & service agreements, concession documents, tendering, contracts, land issues, arbitrations, taxations, dispute resolutions, etc.Industry Leaders need a Business Manager’s Perspective for Growth as well
as a Lawyer’s Eye for Detail to understand: legal frameworks, interpretations,
managerial evaluations, policy interventions and community impacts
- Three-layered skills and training required to succeed in this highly regulated environment:
- (a) Understanding management functions;
- (b) Understanding Infrastructure Business Dynamics and
- (c) Weaving Legal and Regulatory the moat around management functions in the infrastructure sector
Programs’ Pedagogy – How differently AIIM makes you learn
Distinguished faculty from academia and practitioners from industry steer the programs through lectures, presentations and contemporary simulation-based interactive case studies to facilitate the practical implementation of theories and concepts.
Students are engaged in role plays, presentations, group projects and discussions based on pre-circulated published papers, case studies and case-lets with complex problems drawn from real-life critical situations faced by industries. Students are exposed to management films and lectures from renowned professors and world-class consultants/practitioners. Some of the classes are conducted in workshop mode for bringing in application orientation.
Summer Internship Program, Adani Infrastructure Lab and Apprenticeship Program are an integral part of the learning process on campus.
Faculty at AIIM – The Thought Leaders
Some of the best minds are associated with AIIM to ensure enriching learning experience for students. Almost 15 full-time faculty – all from reputed institutions across India, including IIMs and IITs – help maintain an industry-best student-faculty ratio of 4:1. Also, AIIM is proud to have onboard more than 80 widely-acclaimed visiting faculty from across the country and abroad, not to mention many industry practitioners and corporate stalwarts thronging the campus for Expert Talks, Workshops, and Lecture Series owing to Adani’s Global Corporate Head Office is in the vicinity. Faculty at AIIM is also engaged with industry and academic fraternity through various research & consulting projects and case writings. They are the driving force behind various academic, non-academic initiatives and professional achievements of our program participants, both current students as well as alumni.
Students’ Clubs at AIIM
- Nexus: Project Management Club
- Intensity: Marketing & Operations Club
- SEED: Business Development, Strategy & Entrepreneurship Club
- Law-gical: Legal & Regulatory Club
- Metanoia: Creativity & Communications Club
- Shashtra: Finance, Economics and Policy Club
- ASPIRE: Sports & Cultural Club
Adani International Innovation Hub (AIIH)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship platform established by Adani Institute of Infrastructure in collaboration with Govt. of Gujarat, SSIP
- Backed by Adani Group, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, e-Yantra – IIT Bombay, Purdue Foundry of Purdue University, USA,
- More than 45 Entrepreneurship Awareness Workshops, Boot Camps and Hackathons in last two years with around 3500 attendees
- End-to-end support extended for start-up ideas in different domains of Transport and Logistics, Water, Marine and Waste Management, Energy, Real Estate, Artificial Intelligence, Emerging Technologies, Augmented Reality and Social Infra: Agri-Tech & Edu-Tech Communication, etc.
- 12 start-up initiatives are currently in the process of incubation
- 3 start-up initiatives namely AcademiX, Punee Techno Care and PaintRobs have already been funded and rolled out their operations
Career Prospects after PGDM (Infrastructure Management) from Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM)
- Government & PSUs
- Consulting Companies (Project / Management / Utility / Regulatory)
- Infrastructure Developers / Construction Co.’s / EPC Contractors
- Asset & Fund Management Companies
- Investment & Merchant Bankers
- Private Equity (PE) Investors
- Financial Institutions & Banks
- Engineering Companies
- Project Executing & Management Agencies
- Logistics & Supply Chain Companies
Career Prospects after PGDM (Law) from Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM)
- Legal Departments
- Business Development (Tendering, Bidding)
- Regulatory & Corporate Governance
- Securities and Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Consulting Companies (Project / Management / Utility / Regulatory)
- Law Firms
Campus Recruitments at AIIM
The industry-ready curriculum, our extensive linkages with the industry and leverage from the parent organization – the Adani Group – help the graduating students in securing good placements. We are glad that the industry has been responding quite well the Campus Recruitment Programs at AIIM. More than 70 MNCs (80% of total companies on campus) participate every year, offering an average 170 positions to an intake of 60 students, resulting in 100% placements record at the Institute since its inception. Salary statistics for the outgoing class of 2019 are: INR 12.50 Lacs as highest and INR 7.50 Lacs as average
Rewarding job-profiles in the areas of:
- Infrastructure consultancy
- Project & Infra finance
- Project management
- Risk analysis & audit
- Planning & project-execution
- Supply chain & logistics
- Business development
- Infra HR
- Business Process Transformation
- Land & Contracts
- Regulatory & Policy areas
Prominent Recruiters on Campus:
- Bridge & Roof Co. Ltd
- Gammon India Ltd
- Howe Engineering Projects
- ITD Cementation India Ltd
- Macawber Beekay Ltd.
- Dodsal Engg & Construction
- TUV Nord
- Railsys Engineering
- Knight Frank
- Mott Macdonald
- BMT Consultants
- Ernst & Young
Ports and Logistics:
- Adani Wilmar Ltd
- Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd
- Modern Road Makers Pvt. Ltd
- Quattro Rail Tech Solutions
- Adani Power, Adani Gas, Adani Mining
- GE Water & Process Technology
- International Coil Ltd
- Larsen and Toubro (L&T)
- Emerson Network Power
- ABB India
- Tata Power Ltd
- Kalpataru Power Transmission
- Adani Township & Real Estate Company
- Savvy Infrastructure Group
- Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)
- Marathon Realty
- Tata Realty and Infrastructure Limited
- Bakeri Group
- BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Adani Capital
- Emerging Capital Group
- Evalueserve SEZ (Gurgaon) Private Limited
- SBI Capital Project Advisory & Finance Group
- IndusInd Bank
- Adani Enterprises Ltd
- L&T Infra Development Projects
- Simplex Infrastructures Ltd
- Thermax Ltd
- Asian Steel Industry Pvt. Ltd
- IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd
- Arvind Limited – Infrastructure Division
Program Fee and Loan Assistance by Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM):
- The program fee for both PGDM (IM) and PGDM (Law) for Batch 2020-22 is INR 760,000 (Rupees Seven Lacs Sixty Thousand) – to be payable in 7 instalments.
- Program fee includes the cost of all study materials, books, library charges and network charges. It does not include hostel, mess charges and personal expenses.
- AIIM has various tie-ups with many nationalized and private Banks and NBFCs for easy availability of education loans. One may contact the AIIM Admissions Office or visit website for the same.
Who should apply for Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM)?
AIIM seeks bright, capable, motivated students who are ready to take advantage of the abundant opportunities we have to offer. As a highly selective institution, we strive to develop a complete profile of all applicants and see what they may bring to the AIIM ecosystem. Eligibility criteria are as below:
- Bachelors’ Degree in any discipline. Candidates in the final year of graduation may also apply.
- Candidates with valid national-level entrance test-score as per AICTE guidelines (CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT MAT, ATMA) may apply to both PGDM (Infrastructure Management) and PGDM (Law)
- Candidates appearing for CLAT, in addition to above-mentioned tests, may apply exclusively to PGDM (Law)
- Though prior work experience is not mandatory, candidates with relevant work experience may have an upper edge in the selection process
- Entrance test-score
- Personal interview
- Academic performance
- Relevant work experience
- Extra-curricular achievements
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.