Anisha has done MBA in Marketing from NMIMS And Executive Management(PMNO) from Harvard Business School. She has been instrumental in growing CATKing Digital with her experience with Marico and Henkel in the past.
- Avoid negative marking. Each incorrect question will cost you -5 marks i.e. -1 for negative marking and -4 for losing a correct question.
- Speed gives thrill but will Kill. These accidents are very common in CMAT which focuses on speedy accurate attempts. Aspirants lose marks here but can be avoided of we spare just 10 secs on cross checking which answer is marked. Thus, manage your speed. Ideally allot 2mins to each question.
- How to deal with Wrong Questions. Another common incident to witness in CMAT. Best thing to do here is if we come across any wrong question or wrong option, we Only need to IGNORE In case of two same options given, choose any one of them preferably the one that comes first alphabetically.
- Efficient way to give mocks. So give as mocks as much as possible, we can do it every alternate day. Allot a fixed 10-15mins to GK and Innovation and Entrepreneurship sections and manage rest of the time in other sections. As per previous 5years statistics, in every 20 questions there will come 4 tricky questions and every section will definitely have 2 tricky questions which are the game changer. Try identifying them then manage to sail through them for utmost success throughout the paper.
- Sectional as well as full time mocks with new pattern are immensely important. You can find access to CATKing dashboard and start with mocks that are specially curated by CMAT toppers of CATKing.
- Key tips for preparation – give your special attention to the questions in mocks for Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. These will prove to give you sure shot results. For verbal section, consider solving video lectures if you have scarcity of time. After attempting and solving, consider video solutions given in the dashboard. Also, carefully read the GK and Innovation and Entrepreneurship section as these are 40% of the entire paper.
- Remember the goal is to do attempt 80% of doable part of the paper with utmost accuracy and escape from negative marking by not getting trapped into tricky questions.